Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Waiting for yes

While I have always been extremely impressed with the people I met at BCG, I have learned that their weakness comes in communicating with candidates in a timely fashion. I'm not sure how big of a deal it really is...but I will say, from a candidates perspective, you are sweating it while you are waiting to hear back about your interview!! After the first round interview, I had my hand on my phone every minute of every day....I didn't want to miss feeling my phone vibrate when BCG called.

They had told me it would be 2-3 business days until I heard back....in reality it was 6 or 7. During that time, you can't help but play a few mind games. "Are they calling the best people first...will they wait for them to say no and then ask me if they have no other option?"

Regardless I heard back at 12:07 on a wed afternoon. One of the recruiters called and started out with "we have good news...we'd like you to come back for a decision round interview. This interview will be with 3 different partners. We don't know when we will be able to get the partners in the office at the same time so we can't give you an exact date, but will be in touch to let you know." Wooohoooooooo.

No comments:

Post a Comment